Friday, February 19, 2010

The Art of Emily Balivet CLOSED


Mystical and ancient goddesses have graced our literature, inspired much of our music and existed at some point during time. What better way to celebrate and embrace women than with color and whimsy, fantasy and desire?

The Art of Emily Balivet does just that. Emily has been a creative individual for most of her life and decided to make a living from her art at the early age of 17. Originally from Alaska, finding something interesting to do indoors for extended periods of time was a necessary survival skill and painting was her top choice.

Music, literature, and great works of art are her inspiration. In addition, Emily's own paintings drive her to create more. She often closes her eyes at night and envisions herself painting. The visions blow her away and keeps her going probably more than anything else.

I, myself, am a huge fan of mythology and ancient religions. When I found Emily's art, I was blown away by her talent. I fell in love with the Red Goddess and Emily was kind enough to send me this print to decorate my walls.

And now Emily would like to blow one of you away by giving one of you the 8x10 print of your choice from her shop.

To Enter:
Visit The Art of Emily Balivet and tell me your favorite print in a comment. Be sure to leave a contact email in your comment.

Contest will end March 4, 2010.

Contest is open to international entries

BE SURE TO ENTER MY OTHER GIVEAWAYS LISTED IN THE TOP RIGHT!


DISCLAIMER:
Winner will have 48 hours to confirm win by the email I send to him/her. By entering this contest you agree to not hold me nor the sponsor responsible if I don't get your confirmation email or if the prize does not arrive.

Emily did NOT pay me to do this review. I often approach artists and designers for reviews and giveaways when I find their products online. I ask their permission to review their products. If someone asks me to review his/her product, I will always let you know. Once winner has confirmed, I either send winner's info to the sponsor or if prize is in my possession, I mail it. I am not responsible for delivery of prize thereafter.

53 comments:

Unknown said...

I like The Council Of Cernunnos !

Thanks !

seksi_missy at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I like Barley Witch - 8x10 Print.
Thanks for thsi chance,
hugs

ale84.vercelli at hotmail dot it

doreen lamoureux said...

What beautiful work. I love the Morning Ritual - There is just something about it that really appeals to me. Thanks.

dorcontest at gmail dot com

windycindy said...

There are so many gorgeous prints to pick from. Her Medieval Prints are fabulous. The "R For Rainbow"
is a favorite of mine!
Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Dovile said...

Very beautiful! My favorites are the Madame Butterfly and the Aphrodite's Child prints.

spamscape [at] gmail [dot] com

Jeck said...

I personally like Menstrual Night 8x10 Print Mythological Goddess Art, for some reason I'm having problems correcting my menstrual cycle, so I definitely believe this wonderful creation will help me make it through.

pinkish5325@yahoo.com

gene + experiments said...

Aside from the Aphrodite, I love The Nestling because I am a breastfeeding mom.

geneinthebattle[@]gmail.com

Ash said...

I like the "C is for Castle" print. This would be great for our entrance way.

demureprincess7(at)gmail.com

Princess said...

I LOVE the Muse of Music and the Ocean Goddess. This artwork is absolutely beautiful!

billylanelover at yahoo dot com

Cabootique said...

They're all so beautiful...I really like The Lady of the Lake.

carethediva[at]hotmail[dot]com

jade said...

Wow, Aphrodite's Child is my favorite.
The Muse Of Music is a close second. There are so many great ones to choose from...
jade_towne@yahoo.com

Steff Metal said...

Wow, that was hard to choose!

My favorite is the Birch Witch.

steff AT steffmetal DOT com

Elsie said...

The "Twilight Flight" print with the lady riding the robin is perfect for a girl's room , to inspire us with a story each day, where would the amazing robin take the lady and what would they see?...
Alaska one day, perhaps...how delightful and fun!

pumpkinlady430@yahoo.com

Gabriella said...

I found her shop on Etsy a while ago when I was looking for other shops from VT! I loved her work immediately, and added a few things to my favorites. It's all VERY beautiful.

'Mystic Sisters' would be PERFECT to give to my sister as a gift...we're even both brunettes. :)

But 'Vanity' is probably my favorite, I haven't forgotten that one since I first saw it.

sully_fidelis@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love "Pagan Delights - Mini Gift Cards ACEO Set of 9."
june_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com

Amber said...

The Charms of Ishtar is my favorite print!
Thank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Carrie B said...

How beautiful and woman-centric. I adore it. I will heart the shop for sure. I love the "Nine Women with Birds" print. - ilovetea(at)hellokitty.com

Anonymous said...

Snake Bite is my fave, they are all amazing!
Boudica would be a suggestion, I adore her:)
earthdancedaph@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Qxela said...

All the prints and paintings are GORGEOUS so it was so difficult to chose just one..
But my favorite print would have to be
AUTUMN RIDERS..it's just so rich in detail and I love the feeling that looking at it inspires.. :)

thanks for this giveaway!

Esther
kazeqor@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

These are so unique and beautiful! I love the vibrant colors, and looking at them just takes me back to another era. I love several of them, it's hard to pick a favorite! One I love is "The Wounded Knight - 8x10 Print." Amazing giveaway--I have my fingers crossed!
BETH
bethnaf at hotmail dot com

BlueRoomGems said...

What an exquisite shop! I love the Eidyia - 5x7 Blank Greeting Card. Thanks for the giveaway!

Jen

Melissa said...

Her work is gorgeous!! My favorite is the Awakening Print.

Thanks for the chance to win!
MelissaLN(at)verizon(dot)net

CathyH said...

What an amazing artist!! Beautiful.
I love Sea Sisters
cathyhorner at embarqmail dot com

momtoem said...

I like the Snake Bite - 8x10 Print

lejn05@yahoo.com

Carapace said...

Wow, I really can't pick a favorite!
How about Autumn Riders:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35628519

though if I don't post this quickly, I'll change my mind again!

carapacenator(at)gmail.com

lo said...

I love so many of her prints it's HARD trying to pick just one! I think my favorite might be the Psychic Fortunes Gypsy Circus Poster print!

Thanks for the giveaway :)

LDC said...

I am really blown away by this artist's work! WOW! I'm drawn to many, many, many of the pieces and would be very hard-pressed to pick just one. So far, I really like Mother of Pearl, Sea Sisters and The Good Omen. Apparently, I enjoy the water scenes. LOL Guess I will have to go take another look! Thanks for sharing this contest!

Renee said...

I like the Herb Gathering print--I love the greens!
yeloechikee at hotmail dot com

sweetpea18 said...

i like green goddess. heatheranya at hotmail dot com

Mary Preston said...

ALL so beautiful. I would say the Mezzo Goddess is one of my favorites.

marypres@gmail.com

caronbc said...

Choosing a favourite is impossible.
My short list is: Green Man, Sea Sisters, Autumn Riders, Diana and I truly love the Alphabet series...to name a few.
Thank you for this opportunity.
Blessings
caron.chester@gmail.com
caronbc-ramblingrose.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sign me up! My favorite is:Mezzo Goddess
MªCarmen, jnb_88@hotmail.com

fisiwoman said...

Guau! enter me! nice giveaway!
My favorite print is: Feather Goddess
Ana Belén R.M
fisiwoman@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Enter me! I love Spring Nymphs

Victoria
coloressinmezclar@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

My favorite is Morning Ritual. Sign me up!


Conchi
conchilacu@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I like the Eidyia print very much.

ananemone at gmail dot com

Heather! said...

What a great giveaway! I LOVE finding new artists and especially giveaways for unique pieces of art! My favorite print is the Electric Witch one. It's so vibrant and cool...and it would be very happy in my home! ;)

h4schaffer at gmail dot com

Shannon said...

I like Garnet Goddess.
supermergentroidgal@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

i like Twelve Women with Birds

soo cool ! :)

my email: ipehishere@gmail.com

EVA SB said...

Thanks for this giveaway.

I love Twelve Women with Birds but I think Hecate - Goddess of the Crossroads is my favourite.

eva.s.black[@]gmail[.]com

Anonymous said...

So hard to choose, I love all Emily's artwork. I think my current favourite is The Good Omen.

molly laurel at mac dot com

Lyudmila said...

I like the The Messenger - 5x7 Blank Greeting Card

bison61 said...

I picked the Feather Goddess

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Zabet said...

I recently purchased Hecate: Goddess of the Crossroads but I also love Witch's Brew.

zabet17@hotmail.com

lisanne said...

I think my favorite, although it was really hard to choose just one, would have to be E is for Elephant.

gr8kidsgr8fam at yahoo dot com

Ginny said...

So many cool prints, I love the Marvelous Amusements. I also really like the Barley Witch

Leigh Ann said...

I was first drawn to Emily's work when I saw the patterned dresses in "Twelve Women with Birds." All her works speak to me, so it's hard to choose only one. But I'd have to say my favorite has always been "Wild Gypsy Air." Something about the fiddle and the tendrils of the girl's hair reminds me of Celtic music and lively jigs.

elaine said...

I love the S is for Sunrise print-so uplisting!

Elaine R
emrosser@shaw.ca

Judy B said...

I like Dalia- Goddess. Very Pre-Raphaelite, like it a lot.

judychrz at gmail.com

Ľubaša said...

My fav is Dalia - Goddess of Fate - 8x10 Print. thanks
lubaska dot k at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I love The Nestling

Beautiful

Shanswinning@gmail.com

LisbonSky said...

Great artwork - my fave is:
The Charms of Ishtar

imelda(dot)dickinson(at)gmail(dot)com