Monday, October 14, 2013

5 Reasons to Take a River Cruise with Scenic Cruises

As I get wiser (aka older), the way I travel has evolved as I continue to change. The time and freedom to plan my trips with extensive research and detail is a lot less. I want a lot more out of my vacation.

I never really thought of myself as a cruise person. I have been on a few of them, you know those gigantic ones to the Caribbean. But I must say they didn't suit me, at least not those gigantic ones.

The more I read about river cruises, the more I would love to try one. So as I was reading about Scenic Cruises, I came up with five reasons I'd like to take a river cruise with them:

1. Not a gigantic ship. I'm more interested in personal, intimate and cozy. Though Scenic Cruises has an exceptional fleet, the boats are not overwhelming.

2. Rivers. I don't mean to point out the obvious, but I love gorgeous scenery. To be able to look out my window and experience non-touristy countryside, I mean come on! What a treat! It certainly beats seeing nothing but ocean all the way to the horizon.

3. All-inclusive. Let's be honest. It is nice to pay one lump sum and have it all. Scenic Cruises most certainly seems to have it all. Food, excursions, the room, DRINKS.... and to top it off, gratuity and tips!

4. Destinations. There are a lot more rivers out there than just the Nile. What a fantastic way to experience a country without focusing on only the major cities.

5. Free WiFi. I'm sorry. I wish I could let go of the internet, but I love posting on Facebook. It's nice not to have to pay a daily fee for internet use, too.  A gorgeous scenic picture per day... I bet that would get a lot of "likes."

1 comment:

vpn 日本 said...

So beautiful!an understand how you feel because I also like a person warm feeling!