Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bagavond Giveaway! CLOSED


When I first came across spats, my initial thought was how awesome these accessories were to transform any pair of shoes. They're traditionally used in uniform or for safety. And then I remembered my favorite cartoon of all time, Ducktales, where Uncle Scrooge wore spats but no shoes.

I might try that one of these days with these spats I received from Bagavond. They are simple and really cute. When I put them around my Stuart Weitzmann peep-toe pumps, I felt like I had a totally new pair of shoes!

Shelli is the designer behind Bagavond. She actually first got started with fur in 2003, making some fur tote bags from a few old fur coats. She used leather accents on those bags and later began making bags entirely from leather.

The Mini Spats grew from her love of shoes and the importance of wasting as little as possible. Shelli had been saving all the small leftover leather pieces from her handbag making in the hope that she’d find a use for them one day, and then it came to her – shoe accessories!

Shelli love accessories; shoes, purses, jewelry, scarves, etc. She loves anything that can be added to change a look, and she loves how fashion always comes around again. What was old is now new again.

Her goal is to continue making fun accessories, recycling as much as she can.

What a great use of talent and materials!

Now Shelli would like to offer one of you the chance to win a $20 gift certificate to be used in her shop.

To Enter:
Visit Bagavond and comment with your favorite item.

For a second entry, tell me how you recycle. Be it simply recycling paper or actually making items from recycled materials.

If you can't wait to win, Shelli is offering 20% off all items in her shop. Simply message her that you found her through Roxy Shops blog.

Contest will end December 23, 2009

Contest is open to international entries

Winner will have 48 hours to confirm win.

ENTER MY OTHER GIVEAWAYS LISTED IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER!

DISCLAIMER: Shelli did NOT pay me to do this review. I want you all to know that *I* approach artists and designers for reviews and giveaways when I find their products online. *I* ask their permission to review their products. Once winner has confirmed, I send winner's info to the sponsor. I am not responsible for delivery of prize thereafter

71 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite is the studded flap mini spat!!!!!!!!!! absolutely love it! going to put my order in right away!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

I love the black fringe one, and the one with the studs!!

Bachuchay said...

I like the SPATS Black Leather Mini Spats - RECYCLED Shoe Accessories

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34915325

huggie0109(at)yahoo(dot)com

Bachuchay said...

I recycle old accessories and reinvent it to make a new one.. for example a broken necklace, I try to make it as earring & bracelet..

Biddy said...

I frickin LOVE the SPATS black leather mini spats (studded); so rihannaish :).
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35634916

Recently, my boyfriend and I have been saving the bottle caps from the beers he drinks and making little bottle cap necklaces, earrings, we even made our own bottle cap belts.They're not the best looking creations but they're fun!
whitneyjbowen@gmail.com

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I recycle old denim into rag quilts with flannel... so econimal and so warm for our cold Canadian winters.

Your spats are fabulous.

Love the black studded spats.

Anonymous said...

Great giveaway I love the mustard chunky scarflette.Thanks for the great giveaway.Marian

mtzeenla@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love the Creamy Pumpkin Orange Mini Skarf!

orangegirl779@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I recycle the old boring way. I put everything I can into the recycle bin on the curb and the things they will not take (like glass) I take to the recycling center!

orangegirl779@hotmail.com

AJ said...

My favorite item is Maxi Skarf - Raspberry and Citron Super CHUNKY Cowl Wrap ( :

A_C_E_(at)hotmail(dot)com

AJ said...

I recycle by bringing items that can be recycled to the recycling center.


A_C_E_(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I like SPATS Black Leather Mini Spats - Studded RECYCLED Shoe Accessories

sherrygo at hotmail dot com

Sherry Go Sharing said...

blogged http://iluvcontest.blogspot.com/2009/12/bagavond-giveaway.html

sherrygo at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

My fave is the Genuine SNAKESKIN Bangle Bracelet - Blue Snake.
ghainskom at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I live in Germany (number 1 recycling nation in Europe) so we recycle waste like crazy. Otherwise I try to recycle my old clothes by sewing new ones for ma 2-year old.
ghainskom at yahoo dot com

va said...

I love the mini spats black leather with studs all over - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=36240767 .

va said...

I like to recycle by reusing paper tea-boxes or tins , recycling paper items and plastics and all that I can if possible . I find it sad that corporate shops and companies are still using plastic when they should be using glass , biodegradable materials , etc.
We have to change our world before global warming gets even more worse for us to live in .
Each year the weather changes as a result to the state of our environment .

free indeed said...

I like the recycled Katherine Shoulder Sak. Very upscale and functional...love the color too.

free indeed said...

I've converted most of our bulbs to the energy efficient ones. I wash and reuse ziplock bags over and over till they spring leaks; I use newspaper to wash my windows instead of papertowels; I reuse the mesh oranges come in to make scrubbies for pots and pans. And oh so many more things!

Amber said...

The Genuine Snakeskin Bangle in Blue Snake is my favorite!
Thank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Amber said...

I actually recycle chip bags with the Frito-Lay brigade at Terracycle!
Thank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Juliea said...

LOVE this site!! I dig the Maxi Skarf - Raspberry and Citron Super CHUNKY Cowl Wrap!

Juliea said...

I recycle 75% of my family's waste - also, I use magazines and decoupage with them! ;)

Life's Simple Pleasures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life's Simple Pleasures said...

RECYCLED Katharine Shoulder Sac - Raspberry and Gold Repurposed Leather and Vintage Scarf Purse is AMAZING! I love this one so much! Really cool colours and fabrics!

Thanks for the giveaway

reviewsbyabby at gmail dot com

Life's Simple Pleasures said...

Recycling is quite a big issue for me. I reuse as much materials as possible or sell off tins and plastics to collection centres. I never throw away paper without using both sides first and then only stick them in mags or newspapers to be sold together.

reviewsbyabby at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

RECYCLED Leather Audrey Wristlet - Raspberry and Gold Repurposed Leather and Suede Purse is sweet! Look at the colour. Usually don't like fuschia but this just works

shiki6210 at gmail dot com

Ronnie said...

The spats are soo sexy.. I love this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35634916

Ronit
internationalgiveaways[at]gmail[dot]com

Ronnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Kish said...

I like the wheat and denim mini scarf

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Michelle Frame said...

I love the black spats.

Michelle Frame said...

I usually recycle clothes. I try to use the fabric of old shirts to make new shirts.

Lily said...

I love the Mini Skarf - Fig Purple Super CHUNKY Scarflette!
Lmhoot@flash.net

Lily said...

I cut up the magazines I get and make super fun collages for my friends out of them.
Lmhoot@flash.net

LoveCharlesVintage said...

I really love these spats! I bet they would be great over boots.
my favorite are the Leather Wrap Mini Spats, I love the blue shade.
Thanks so much for hosting!
-Lily
lilygreig at gmail dot com

LoveCharlesVintage said...

As for recycling, all my clothing is thrifted. I reconstruct a lot of pieces, and alter them to suit me. It's cheaper and more ecological!
-Lily

Anonymous said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16671177

The chunky scarf in mustard - so cute! (and I bet pretty warm too)

Anonymous said...

And I recycle plastic grocery bags as trash can liners, etc.

Caroline said...

My favorite item is the RECYCLED Genuine Fur and Leather COWL - Reversible Wrap Circle Scarf.

design4less@yahoo.com

jakiesmom said...

i like the denim blue cowel scarf
we have weekly recycling her for most glass, plastic and paper and i'm pretty faithful about doing it. I want my son to have some sort of planet to enjoy!

Daer0n said...

I like the Creamy Pumpkin ORANGE with Skull Button Super CHUNKY Scarflette!

Nury77 at live dot ca

Daer0n said...

I recyle all my old and maternity clothes and turn them into something new, refashion them.

Nury77 at live dot ca

Melissa said...

I like this:
Mini Skarf - Cranberry Super CHUNKY Scarflette

xmeliss182x (at) yahoo (dot) com

Melissa said...

I recycle all kinds of containers and materials, and I use a reusable mug for my daily coffee fix instead of wasting cardboard coffee cups like everyone else at the office!

xmeliss182x (at) yahoo (dot) com

miller lawn service said...

I like the RECYCLED Leather Doris Mini Tote - Gold and Raspberry Pink Repurposed Leather Purse. Thanks!

Renee said...

My pick is the Mini Skarf - Fig Purple Super CHUNKY Scarflette

Renee said...

We recycle cardboard at our waste transfer station and shopping bags at the local library or Wal-mart.

Michelle said...

I love the mini scarfs! Cranberry is my favorite!!

mandm_2002 at hotmail dot com

Michelle said...

We recycle normal stuff every week... but I also teach preschool - so I recycle a lot by taking it to school to use... Magazines to practice cutting - extra yarn, ribbon, buttons - for craft projects, cardboard paper towel or toilet paper rolls - for craft projects... lots of stuff!! Recycle by taking items to your local preschool!!

mandm_2002 at hotmail dot com

Eternal*Voyageur @ Venusian*Glow said...

I like the black leather mini spats.

the_eternal_voyageur at rediffmail dot com

Eternal*Voyageur @ Venusian*Glow said...

I recycle bath water by flushing the toilet with it.

the_eternal_voyageur at rediffmail dot com

Anonymous said...

My favorite item would be the mini skarf- cranberry super chunky scarflette.

lankylegslass(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I recycle by reusing old sheets etc and making them into bags and wristlets.

lankylegslass(at)hotmail(dot)com

Heidi said...

My favorite item on the site is the black leather mini spats.

writeme@heidimail.com

Heidi said...

I recycle by reusing all of my old jars, like pickle jars for new purposes.

writeme@heidimail.com

K said...

I like the Mini Skarf - Cranberry Super CHUNKY Scarflette

K said...

I recycle my formula cans by using them for watering establishing plants, putting a small hole in the bottom and the water trickles out!

jasmine said...

aw i like the fig-coloured mini scarf. really cute and handy!

Anonymous said...

I love the genuine snakeskin bangle bracelet in blue snake!
malibu.bunny.xo@live.ca

Anonymous said...

I recycle by donating and buying most of my clothes from secondhand stores. It's good for the Earth and my wallet, and I've found some great clothes there! I have some really unique stuff and get complimented all the time (especially on my retro wiggle dresses! love em!)
malibu.bunny.xo@live.ca

AJ said...

I love the Mini Skarf - Raspberry Pink with Silver Button Super CHUNKY

( :


A_C_E_(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

wow,I love Mini Skarf - Caramel Super CHUNKY Button Scarflette.

hugs

ale84.vercelli@hotmail.it

Anonymous said...

in my house we recycle everything ... gift items this year have been wrapped with recycled material

ale84.vercelli@hotmail.it

PerfectBlueMoon said...

Deff love the RECYCLED Marilyn Maxi Tote - Genuine Curly Lamb FUR and Leather Big Bag!

perfectbluemoon@gmail[dot]com

PerfectBlueMoon said...

Recycling! Yay!

I actually recycle everything plastic. I figure they know better than I do so they can sort everything that doesn't belong at the factory, better safe than sorry! I also compost and reuse fabrics from old clothes. <3

perfectbluemoon@gmail[dot]com

Liz Mays said...

I like the snakeskin bangle!
doot65[at]comcast{dot}net

FreeSpiritChick said...

Loved the RECYCLED Audrey Wristlet - Black Repurposed LEATHER Clutch and the RECYCLED Leather Audrey Wristlet - Raspberry and Gold Repurposed Leather and Suede Purse.

If I had to choose only one I'd have to go with the Raspberry one only cuz I have So many Black sorta wallets and coin things.

I recycle so many ways from turning in aluminum cans to reusing bags like from Walmart and such in my small trashcans and I'm now switching to A corn based cat litter instead of using clay or clumping cat litters. :-)

FreeSpiritChick said...

Duh I'm a Brunette having a BLONDE moment :-s (no offence to any blondes reading this :-)

I'd prefer to be contacted thru a convo on Etsy :-) at FreeSpiritChick I just don't really like to leave my e-mail on open blogs.

Thank you from Jamie aka FreeSpiritChick :-)
Hope I hear from you soon. :-)

Aik said...

I love the RECYCLED Audrey Wristlet - Black Repurposed LEATHER Clutch.

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Aik said...

I recycle newspapers to make card boards.

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.