Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jewels of Denial Giveaway! CLOSED


Jewels of Denial contacted me to write about their jewelry, the focus being on sterling silver. This was a great chance for me to find a gorgeous pair of sterling silver earrings because I simply didn't have any!

I went through most of the site and found this pair of twisted ribbon sterling silver earrings and chose them. From the website, I wasn't sure what I was going to get. But once I received them in the mail and put them on, I knew I was wearing a high quality pair of earrings.

Plus, I love the way they twist around my ears and create a great shine!

As I perused the site further, I noticed I kept reading the words "sterling silver." Does anyone actually know what sterling silver means? I hear it all the time, but have never actually tried to figure it out... until now.

Pure silver is a soft metal. It's often mixed with other metals to create an alloy that is stronger. According to Jewels of Denial, "True sterling silver is stamped with .925 for authenticity, although it does have a slight mix of other metals such as zinc or copper to make it less prone to damage."

I've had sterling silver items in the past and the problem I would have with them is the green tarnish that would build-up as the silver oxidized over time. I can't polish my silver on a daily basis, so what I love about Jewels of Denial silver jewelry is that they apply a polished rhodium finish to the sterling silver jewelry to maintain its glossy finish for many years.

Though it will eventually tarnish, this can be delayed based on several factors such as how much the jewelry is worn, how it is stored, the climate in which the jewelry is sent, etc. A quick cleaning with some good tarnish remover and a metal-friendly cleaner is all that it takes.

Glossy indeed and now glossy for you as Jewels of Denial has sponsored a giveaway of any pair of earrings of your choice for one of you!

To Enter:
Visit Jewels of Denial and comment with your favorite item. Be sure to leave your email in the comment.

For a second entry, comment on what would make the website better (different products, layout, graphics, etc.)

Contest will end March 25, 2010 @ midnight EST

BE SURE TO ENTER MY OTHER GIVEAWAYS LISTED IN THE TOP RIGHT!

Contest open to USA, Canada and Australia entries only


DISCLAIMER:
Winner will have 48 hours to confirm win by the email I send to him/her. By entering this contest you agree to not hold me nor the sponsor responsible if I don't get your confirmation email or if the prize does not arrive.

Jewels of Denial asked me to review their product and the above is my honest opinion with as much accuracy as possible. Once winner has confirmed, I either send winner's info to the sponsor or if prize is in my possession, I mail it. I am not responsible for delivery of prize thereafter.

55 comments:

rubynreba said...

I like the Sterling Silver Heart CA pendant with 18 inch chain
pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

ACraftyKnitter said...

I love the Sterling Silver Wire Swoops earrings! They're gorgeous.

Spamgirl said...

realitybbq*AT*gmail*DOT*com

My favourite item is the Dancing Dolphins Sterling Silver Bracelet.

Link: http://www.jewelsofdenial.com/p-1016-dancing-dolphins-sterling-silver-bracelet.aspx

Thank you!

Spamgirl said...

realitybbq*AT*gmail*DOT*com

What would make the site better is if there were more gemstone items, that's what I like to buy.

Thank you!

The Giveaway Diva said...

would love to win the Sterling Silver Multi-Colored Marquise CZ Cluster Dangle Earrings!!

nicolemarielum @gmail.com

The Giveaway Diva said...

would like it if the jewelry was displayed on a dark background to show off the details!

nicolemarielum @gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

doreen lamoureux said...

I love the Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings with Gold Plated Balls.

dorcontest at gmail dot com
Canada

doreen lamoureux said...

I would love it if I could subscribe by email.

dorcontest at gmail dot com

Kimbers867 said...

Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings with Gold Plated Balls these would be awesome in my third hole!!!

kimbers 867 at comcast dot net

Aik said...

I love the Sterling Link Bracelet with Pearls and Marquise CZs.

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Jess said...

I love Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings with Gold Plated Balls

http://www.jewelsofdenial.com/p-1026-sterling-silver-hoop-earrings-with-gold-plated-balls.aspx

angelface041206 at yahoo

Jess said...

I think a custom layout would help draw people to your site
angelface041206 at yahoo

Danielle said...

I really like their Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings with Gold Plated Balls!

danielle78(at)comcast(dot)net

Sheila said...

I really like the SS Link Bracelet with Freshwater Pearl Ornaments. I'm so glad to see Sterling Silver here. I get so disappointed when I see a piece of jewelry that I like, only to find out it is "fashion" jewelry. Sterling Silver isn't that expensive. Why ruin a nice design by using cheap metal?!
Sheila
chiliburger@icehouse.net

CathyH said...

I like the sterling silver turquoise dangle earrings, great deals.
cathyhorner at embarqmail dot com

kasey said...

I'm boring - I like the 50mm hoops :)
kasey19062 AT aol DOT com

miller lawn service said...

I really like the Sterling Silver Chess Cut Black CZ Earrings.

Kim L. said...

I really love the diamond bezel set bubble ring! xo

kimberly(dot)long(at)gmail(dot)com

Aleksandra Nearing said...

I like the Sterling Silver Bar and Leaf Earrings
aleksa91@hotmail.com

Rena said...

shimmering_stardust22(at)yahoo(dot)com

Humm...my favorite item would have to be the, "Sterling Silver Ring with Three-Heart Diamond CZs"! After seeing XiaXue's blog about her wedding ring, (she has a heart-shaped diamond one) I've kind of wanted one myself...

As for making the site better, what about belly button/tongue piercing products?

Also, it would be nice to have an image of the back/sides of the products.

<33 Rena

Anonymous said...

I would like to try the square link amethyst cz sterling silver ring.


southypeach@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

I like the Sterling Silver Pink CZ Dangle Earrings

SamneneD@aol.com

Michelle C said...

I like the Sterling Silver Love (Italian) Pendant with Rubber Chain, though I'm not sure about the rubber chain part -- the pendant is great.

michelle dot lee dot carter at gmail dot com

Michelle C said...

The site is pretty good; I agree with the poster who suggested photographing the jewelry on a black background. I would also use drop-down menus on the left side to list the product categories, rather than listing everything straight out.

michelle dot lee dot carter at gmail dot com

Huguette En said...

I like the Sterling Silver Light Amethyst Solitaire with CZ Swirl. Thanks for the chance :)
henglish(at)nb(dot)sympatico(dot)ca

Unknown said...

Multi-Circle Sterling Silver CZ Pendant with Chain )))
carevna.ok et gmail dot com

Stuff Parents Need said...

I really like the dangle pearl teardrop earrings!

Stuff Parents Need said...

I would like to see shopping by price point as an option (that's often how I shop online)

Unknown said...

I like the Sterling Silver Wire Swoosh Earrings.

anja.lju at gmail dot com

Rebekah said...

I like the sterling silver vintage glass pendant necklace with aqua bead dangles.

miryfaye@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love the ladybug sterling silver ring
http://www.jewelsofdenial.com/p-1236-sterling-silver-pink-lady-bug-ring.aspx

Thanks for the chance.

lilprincessbow@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I think it would be good to put the featured item on top or have a "popular items" section to see what's hot lately

lilprincessbow@gmail.com

clenna said...

One pair of earrings that I love is the Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings with CZ Square. But there were about 20 more that caught my eye too.

clenna at aol dot com

Unknown said...

Love this charm bracelet
http://www.jewelsofdenial.com/p-1017-sterling-silver-heart-dangle-charm-bracelet.aspx
piswimmer@hotmail.com

Julia said...

I like the Sterling Silver Earrings with Emerald-Cut CZ Diamonds, simple but perfect, especially the closed ear wire, impossible to lose!

sugareaterATgmailDOTcom

Jo said...

I love the Sterling Silver Bracelet with CZ Encrusted Links.

bvbabybv at gmail.com

Jo said...

Since I needed to go through the products for the first entry I realized that they have lovely items for a great prize.
I am not sure I felt the same way as soon as I saw the website. I feel like it needs to be a little classier...The colors as well as the layout. Maybe a different font? A different darker background color instead of the bright blue? Also I find the facebook and twitter icons really distracting as well as the gold emblem. I think the jewelry needs to be the star here.

bvbabybv at gmail.com

Nina said...

I love the Sterling Silver CZ Pear Drop Earrings.

irina.sagarbarria at gmail dot com

Angie said...

I really liked the Sterling Silver Wire Swoosh Earrings (and the little story that went with them too!)

Angie
rennieangie at gmail dot com

janetfaye said...

I like Sterling Silver Multi-Colored Marquise CZ Cluster Dangle Earrings.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

The blue silver sterling flower enamel ring caught my eye! Love the color!
june_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I love the Rose charm double strand necklace--emerald green quartz


Lena
crazy_bash@ymail.com

Melody said...

Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings in Twisted Silver really is my favorite.

melodyj(at)gmail(dot)com

paintedladyfingers said...

Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings with Teardrop Pearls

berkana[at]fastmail[dot]fm

RJ said...

I love the Sterling Silver Link Bracelet with Freshwater Pearl Ornaments..


rjwhiggins@aol.com

RJ said...

Larger pictures would be a great improvement.

rjwhiggins@aol.com

Anne said...

I like the Sterling Silver Blue Enamel Flower Ring

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I'd like the ability to shop by price on the website, and see all the items under $10, under $25 etc.

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Judy B said...

I like the silver rectangle hoop earrings...

judychrz at gmail.com

Judy B said...

For you site, I think a more unique header would be great (kind of plain-jane right now)

judychrz at gmail.com

tina reynolds said...

I really like Sterling Silver Blue Topaz and Clear CZ Wave Ring thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds said...

two things I would do have shop by price feature and maybe have some pieces on a model to see how they look thanks for the chance

melanie said...

One of my favorites is the Sterling Silver Turquoise Dangle Earrings Price: $14.99 These are so me. Very cute.
melaniecalcut@gmail.com

melanie said...

I think a really good website layout would help draw in more people. Lots of color and pictures.
I have used the guys at jimirig.com and they are really good and affordable.