Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SoapStore Giveaway! (CLOSED)

Peppermint Twist Handmade Coconut Milk Soap

It is my honor and duty to find the coolest and unique stuff online to share with all of you, and if I can give you a great review... or even better... host a giveaway, nothing makes me happier.

I decided to randomly look for unique shampoos online, and I came across the Soap Store. It's a simple name, but the products are out of this world. I decided to go with a picture of the Peppermint Twist Coconut Milk soap just cos it looks like the 4th of July.

I emailed the owner and she has generously offered to giveaway a bottle of her Liquid Silk Protein Shampoo in Rosemary Mint. The scent sounds amazing, and I am very excited to be able to give it to one of you!

"Paraben and sulfate free, this thick, rich, creamy shampoo will leave your hair feeling soft, shiny, silky and radiant. Made with a vegetable based surfactant blend and plenty of plant extracts along with fortifying wheat germ and avocado oils."

Ugh... I am jealous.

Enter to win:

Leave me a comment with your worst hair story!

Don't forget to leave me a contact email!

Rules:
Only one comment allowed.

PLEASE LEAVE AN EMAIL FOR CONTACT!


Winner will be chosen by random.org and have hours to contact me for win.
Contest ends 9/8/09

29 comments:

sphinx63 said...

My worst hair story is the time I went to my hair stylist and instead of getting my same old cut, I told her to cut it however she thought it would look good on me. Oh my gosh... Let me just say I will never again say that to a hair stylist! Thanks!

sphinxcw at aol dot com

Ms D said...

My worst hair story was when I was in high school. My hair was down to my butt and BEAUTIFUL! One of my "friends" offered to trim it for me and ended up cutting it up to my shoulders! It put me in a HUGE depression. I can't believe it still to this day!

daxkimd@juno.com

Mary Preston said...

My worst hair story: I home dyed my hair. I looked like a tabby cat for a very long time. My friends thought it was hilarious.

marypres(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

My worst hair experience was when I told the beautician to leave the perm solution on my hair for 10minutes max and she left it on for about 30 instead. I came out looking like a poodle and it lasted for 8 months!!!!!!
Zoe0825@verizon.net

Aprill said...

My worst hair experience comes from my stylist who cut my hair too short and it was the wrong color. I looked like I had a possum on my head

aprill849@yahoo.com

Nancy said...

My worst hair story happened when I was a little girl. My mother would give me a home permanent - and I already had curly hair! Yikes!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Audrey said...

My mom used to give my sister and I home perms. My goodness!! Sometimes they were so frizzy we could hardly get a brush through. Had to wait 1 1/2 months till it was manageable. I like my straight hair just fine!

audreyscountrycrafts at gmail.com

janetfaye said...

My aunt gave me a perm when I was a teen and it turned out awful. My hair was frizzy and dry.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Gale said...

When I was little I got tired of my bangs...so I cut them off.

ecaria at hotmail dot com

Carolyn G said...

In a crazed moment of insanity I decided that I was a hairdresser and thought I could shpe my hair including my bangs. Suffice it to say, I ended up in tears at the closest beauty salon hoping the hairdresser could salvage my hair. Never pick up scissors when PMSing.

Piper said...

I had a bleaching nightmare that literally had my hair breaking off and falling out in chunks :(

nettysgirlATgmail.com

Angela said...

I was living in the UK last year and my boyish pixie (which I liked choppy & piecey) starting to look a little shaggy. I researched places until I found a salon that looked decent, and I brought pictures to the salon.

The stylist cut my hair so short it looked like a buzz cut. You could see bits of scalp through my hair (which is VERY thick & healthy). Totally wrong for my face shape (which now looked bulbous). I looked like an army cadet or perhaps someone recovering from chemo.

All this, right before Christmas, when I had to see my very critical family. I had never cried over hair before; there were a few days when I started crying everytime I saw myself in the mirror.

matt_owns_me{at}yahoo{dot}com

Anonymous said...

This shampoo must smell soooo delicious. My hair nightmare was trying to cut my hair myself and I made a big mess. Helen

malfie@care2.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely giveaway I love mint. My worst hair experience was dying it purple by accident and I could not get the color out. Marian

mtzeenla@yahoo.com

Roxy said...

obviously my comment won't count.

A year ago I was flipping my hair around for fun, and I found a bald spot. I flipped out and ran to my doctor. Thankfully it's growing back, but if I'm not careful, I definitely sport a cowlick.

Bonita12 said...

I had a lovely frizzy home perm in 5th grade and on picture day my mom was half asleep and trimmed by bangs totally lopsided. That picture was in the local paper when I won a school award that year!

Kyocera FS-1920 said...

I've got my worst hair story as well but it's too long to know the details. Good thing I had it fixed a month ago!

Diane said...

Ugh this one time my junior year in college i had got a box of the hair dye that includes a thing to put highlights in. I dont know what i did wrong, or if i got a bad batch but the highlights i added in turned my hair freaking green. The hair color was like a medium brown and the highlights were just supposed to be a few shades lighter! I was all kinds of upset and scared. Luckily there was a rite aid down the street so we went there and bought a darker hair dye that night and just dyed over it but my hair was so super dry from all the chemicals in such a short time!

minishoes1 said...

My worst hair story is when I went to get my hair dyed blond and it turned bright red/orange. Yuck! I had to wait a week before I could get it dyed back, I was in school at the time so it was a nightmare. Thanks! jacquecurl1@gmail.com

wintermermaid said...

I used to have this hair stylist that was awesome. I literally could go to her and say, "do whatever" and she would cut my hair in these beautiful cuts that always complimented me. I felt so safe in her hands! Well the problem was she was about 1 1/2 hrs away from where I lived and I just didn't have time to go down there to see her... so I decided to go to the random place on the corner just to trim it up and buy some time before I could get to see my regular lady. The next thing I know this new lady was buzzing my hair off! I was terrified to say anything because I didn't want to make it worse than it already was! I paid her and called my husband from the car and told him I was very upset and had just gotten a terrible haircut. I got home and wouldn't leave the front door.. I wouldn't turn around for my husband to see my hair. I started crying and basically sobbed hysterically for an hour. My poor husband had no idea what to do with me. While sobbing, I also started laughing because I felt ridiculous for crying so hard about my hair, yet i was horrified! It was so awful :-( I went and dyed my hair a really dark color hoping that the drastic color change would take away from the horrible haircut.. :-(

wintermermaid said...

whoops, email is wintermermaid@gmail.com

lace said...

My worst hair story is when I let a friend talk me into getting a perm. Frizz City was where I ended up.

Donna said...

When I was a teen my cousin and I got the bright idea that we were going to bleach our hair in the sun using peroxide and lemon juice. Well, mine turned bright orange!!! Not the color I was going for!!

Julie said...

I had a co-worker whose hair always looked attractive. So one day her and I were talking and I said something about getting a body wave. Well, she told me that she knew how to do body waves/offered to give me one. I said yes-well oh my after did the body wave and I looked in the mirror I wanted to cry-my hair was so frizzy-it looked like I had stuck my finger in an electric socket. :)

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Huguette En said...

The worst I can remember was when I was in high school and went for highlights. The hairdresser started crying and my hair didn't have blond streaks but grey ones, I had to pretend it wasn't that bad as she was already crying!

Ginny said...

When I was in high school, my mom tried highlighting my hair at home with one of those caps. You know the ones that you pull your hair through. Well of course, my hair got all tangled up while she was highlighting it & we couldn't get the cap off. I had to cut off a bunch of the tangles, to get my hair out of the cap. It was pretty bad, lol

tina reynolds said...

i got it colored and it came out stearling silver so we colored it again and it was terrible it looked so fake and it was so frizzy it was terrible i had to cut it so short thanks for the chance to win
eaglesforjack@gmail.com

Renee said...

I asked the stylist to cut my hair in long layers and to leave the length--she cut it in lots of short layers and cut it up past my shoulders! I thought it was just a misunderstanding, so the next time I went in and she was there I let her cut it again. Same thing happened with the layers, only this time she left the length so I kinda looked like I had a mullet! Never again will she come near me with a pair of scissors....

Anonymous said...

Hi
Costume Jewellery Watches, items on auctions & discount prices on

[url=http://auxwatches.007sites.com]cie watches[/url]
[url=http://dieselwatch.freehostking.com]citizen watch collection[/url]
[url=http://eoswatches.10fast.net]citizen watches discount[/url]
[url=http://watches.awardspace.biz]concord diamond watch[/url]
[url=http://repwatch.bravehost.com]corum mens watch[/url]